Award in Education and Training Level 3
What is AET LEVEL 3?
Formerly known as PTLLS, the Award in Education and Training is a short course designed to enable a wide range of students to undertake teaching, training or learning tasks relevant to their own training or teaching situation. It is recommended for all teachers new to the sector whether in further education, adult and community learning, work-based learning or other parts of the learning and skills sector.
Who is this course for?
The award is suitable for those who work, or intend to work, as:
- Teachers or trainers in the voluntary sector
- Training personnel in commerce, industry, the public sector or HM Forces
- Technicians and support staff in further and adult education
What You’ll Need
Students should normally have at least a Level 3 (i.e. A Level/Btec equivalent) qualification in the subject they wish to teach and have a reasonable command of English, Numeracy and IT.
Duration and Attendance 12 Months
What does it involve?
The award is designed to develop the candidates’ ability to:
- Identify students’ needs, backgrounds and aspirations
- Define basic principles of teaching and learning in relation to teaching/training
- Demonstrate in their planning, delivery and evaluation a regard for equal opportunities and health and safety legislation
- Develop their skills in devising programmes and schemes of work
- Adopt a systematic approach to planning learning sessions by reference to a variety of methods, and to develop innovation in their teaching/training
- Design, make and use a range of teaching and learning materials, using their own creative and information technology skills
- Develop their key skills
- Apply communication skills in teaching and training
- Design and apply appropriate means of assessing their own learners additional home study required.
- Homework is set each week and should take one to two hours to complete.
How is it assessed?
Continuous assessment of teaching/training and associated coursework assignments.
A Level 3 Award in Education and Training
Students may progress from the Award in Education and Training Level 3 to either the Certificate in Education and Training Level 4 or the DET LEVEL 5