This 2-year part-time Level 5 Diploma in Education & Training is the teaching qualification developed particularly for the full teaching role in Further Education. It prepares trainee teachers for a wide range of contexts.
What is DET Level 5?
- Qualification that prepares trainers/teachers /managers to teach in a range of contexts including schools and training in many other occupations.
- The objective of the qualification is to confirm occupational competence in a teaching role within a workplace.
Who is this course for?
- Individuals who are currently teaching and training who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice requirements.
- Individuals who are not currently teaching and training but who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice requirements.
What does it involve?
You will achieve 120 credits from completing a variety of units, some mandatory and some optional. You will complete a portfolio of evidence and be observed four times each year in your teaching practice.
How is it assessed?
Continuous assessment of teaching/training and associated coursework assignments.
What can I do next?
Degree/Masters in Education Following this course you may apply for QTLS status.
If you would like to find out more about how this could unfold for you, our advisors are on hand to help – just call us to find out
What is QTLS?
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS) is a professional status that you can gain by successfully completing this course and applying for professional formation.
What are the entry requirements for the course?
- GCSE Mathematics C or above or level 2 functional/key skills
- GCSE English C or above or level 2 functional/key skills
- Competency/Qualification in the subject you wish to teach – please add this to your application form.
- As part of the application process an initial assessment of skills in English, Mathematics and ICT will be required.
Payments for this course
Full one off payment – £2495
Did you know that you can pay tuition fees in instalments?
£535 deposit/first instalment &
4 further instalments of £490
Should you have any further needs with instalment payments please speak to us.
Contact us on for more information
0116 242 5557