Wise Origin College are a quality national training provider established for over 14 years delivering further education and employment opportunities. With our head office in Nottingham and operational offices in Leicester we deliver various government funded programmes such as Apprenticeships, Traineeships, AEB and other job skills programmes. We specialise in Education and Childcare. We also deliver training programmes in Management, Customer Service, Business Administration, Employability, IT and Digital Marketing. We also support individuals in developing skills and qualification in Maths, English and ICT functional Skills. As part of our plans to further grow the business, we require a talented professional freelance tutors to deliver our training programmes to support us through times of growth, to manage additional classes / learners and support with staff absence cover. Our ever-ambitious team has driven the expansion of our programmes. If you have a positive, can-do attitude and are passionate about making a difference, we want to hear from you.
The role of the freelance Assessor / Tutor is to guide and support the development and progression of participants that require functional skills in English, Maths and/or Digital Skills. To support the delivery of the required curriculum via online delivery, face to face and delivering effective and engaging training. You will be required to deliver training in groups and 1-1 support to L1 and L2 Learners , you will monitor the candidate's progress towards their qualification and give them constructive feedback, helping them prepare for examinations . You may be required to deliver agreed cohorts or cover absence so someone who is flexible would be essential. Performance will be measured against a set of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) covering retention, progress, timely reviews, successful completion and progressions.
As a Tutor / Assessor, your responsibilities will be to:
· To ensure compliance with the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Children and Adults policy
· Delivery of effective Information, Advice and Guidance to all learners
· Carry out learner inductions; including individual learning plans & initial assessments to establish the correct level of support
· Effective planning of all learning to be undertaken and the creation of an Individual Learning Plan that reflects how the learning will be delivered
· Ensuring timely completion of all learners on caseload
· Effectively prepare your learners for examinations
· Ensure all documentation completed is audit compliant
· Management and monitoring of learner progression
· Timely submission/uploading and assessment of all evidence gathered from learners
· Planning and carrying out effective formal reviews
· Maintenance of a positive learning experience
· Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and quality standards
· Ability to understand and work to key performance indicators
· Effective organisational and planning skills, including diary management
· Passion for changing lives
· Focused on developing the potential in people
· Personable and engaging
· Organised and self-reliant
· Enthusiastic and professional
· Identifying individual learner needs and set and review SMART targets on assessment plans.
· A passion for education, standards and quality
· Excellent communication and coaching skills
· Drive and enthusiastic to support learners
· Passionate about transforming people’s lives through learning
· Self-reliant and able to manage own workload
· Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
· Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines and targets.
· Assertiveness and objection handling skills
· Professional and approachable
SEN Experience is desirable
· Recognised teaching or training qualification at level 3 or above (hold or be working towards), which could include any of the following:
· Level 3 or 4 Award in Education and Training or Diploma or Certificate in Education
· Excellent IT skills – learner files are online-based and sessions/reviews are conducted with learners via online platforms.
· Access to a car with a full UK driving license
· Right to live and work in the UK
· Experience of delivering the qualification outlines above
· Experience in ensuring programme milestones are met, with learners completing their programmes within the agreed timescales
· Experience in delivering effective and engaging training sessions to learners and supporting them with making progress on their programme aims
· Using e-portfolio system(s)
If this role is of interest and you feel you have the necessary experience then please apply via this advert, or for further information please call us on 0116 242 5557 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.