Non – Levy Employers

Grow and upskill your business to achieve your goals

When a business has an annual wage bill which is less than £3m, the business is not required to pay a levy contribution. This would put you into the category of an SME which means apprenticeships can be co-funded. Through a co funded apprenticeship the employer would contribute 5% of the apprenticeship value and the government would contribute the remaining 95%. This is managed through the Digital Apprenticeship Service (DAS) online account. An employer can recruit a maximum of ten apprentices at any given time. If the employer has fewer than 50 employees and the new apprentice is under the age of 18, the government will meet 100% of the apprenticeship funding value.

  • For apprentices with an employment start date from 1 April 2021 to 30 September 2021, you still have time to apply, applications close on 30 November 2021.
 Apprentices must have an employment start date from 1 April 2021 to 30 September 2021. They must also have an apprenticeship start date from 1 April 2021 to 30 November 2021.

  • £3,000 for each new apprentice who started employment from 1st April 2021.

  • The above payment would further increase if you recruited an apprentice between the ages of 16 to 18 years or under 25 with an Education, Health and Care Plan, meaning that some employers could receive £4,000 in total.

  • Incentives are paid in two equal instalments at 90 days and 365 days.

  • For apprentices with an employment start date from 1 October 2021 to 31 January 2022:

  • £3,000 for each new apprentice who started employment from 1st April 2021.

  • The above payment would further increase if you recruited an apprentice between the ages of 16 to 18 years or under 25 with an Education, Health and Care Plan, meaning that some employers could receive £4,000 in total.

  • Incentives are paid in two equal instalments at 90 days and 365 days.

  • Applications to apply for these incentives will open in January 2022.

Our team of experts can support you with:

  • Upskilling current staff to support your business growth
  • A free recruitment service to access the best available talent
  • Supporting you to understand the benefits of employing an apprentice to contribute to the success of your business
  • Appointing assessors with applicable industry experience to support your apprentice
TOP